Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dinosaur Days

The children will return in January to “The Land Before Time”. We will learn about the time of the dinosaurs and become young paleontologists.


Books used in the classroom:
Dinosaur Bones by Bob Barner
A Trio Of Triceratops by Bernard Most
Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones by Byron Barton

Dinosaur Song
To the tune of "I'm a little Teapot"
I'm a little dinosaur ready to hatch,
Tapping at my shell,
Scratch, scratch, scratch.
When I crack it open, up I'll jump,
And walk around with a
Stomp, Stomp, Stomp!

"Little Stegosaurus"
Tune of "Little Bunny Foo Foo"
Little Stegosaurus tromping through the forest,
Munching on the green plants from morning until night.

Down came a T. Rex, and it said,
"Little stegosaurus,
I don't want to see you
Munching all the green plants from morning until night.
I'll give you [three chances],
And if you don't do as I say,
I'm going to have you for dinner-yum, yum, yum!"

Our curriculum focus will be on the letters D, X and M; the number 6; the color purple; and the oval shape.

Bible Stories
Jesus in the Temple
The Baptism of Jesus
Jesus Calls the Disciples
Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man

No comments: